- Safe horse handling
- Horse etiquette. Body language, polite handling, boundaries and personal space and more!
- Horse care & wellness
- Fundamentals of universal riding skills (advanced students are referred to a visiting instructor)
- Conscious Horsemanship
Class agenda is customized for each student’s personal goals
Co-taught by Carrie Eastman and the East West teacher horses
Ages 5 and up
$25/hour group lesson*
$35/hour private lesson
*family & homeschool group discount available
4 one hour group lessons for $80*
4 one hour private lessons for $120
10 am to 5 pm Saturday through Thursday (closed Fridays)
Riding clothing suggestions:
Long pants or safe skirt and closed-toe shoes with a moderate heel are required.
Helmets are highly encouraged. Please provide your own.
Horsemanship: the study of all skills related to horses. A true horseman learns much more than simply riding. A true horseman learns the care of horses, riding, training, equipment use, and horse psychology.
Conscious horsemanship is horsemanship that follows similar rules as healthy human relationships.
- Both partners have the right to say “yes” “no” or “maybe” to requests.
- Both partners have the right to safe boundaries and personal space.
- Both partners respect that there are differences in culture and language, and work together to bridge that gap.
- Horses in conscious partnerships become willing partners and volunteers.
- Conscious horsemanship often develops into liberty work, bridleless riding and more.
(Read more about Conscious Horsemanship here.)