Horse vlog day 4 – do my horses like me?
April 17, 2022
This entry is part 1 of 9 in the series Practical horses
- Horse vlog day 4 – do my horses like me?
- Horse vlog day 3 – wow! wild happenings
- Horse vlog day 2 What’s the plan?
- Horse vlog day 1 Why a year of the horse
- The fire, and starting fresh
- Horse vlog day 5 – contemplations
- Horse vlog day 6 – big news!
- May 3 Horse Vlog – being not doing and agendas
- May 15 vlog
A series about the training process, thoughts and feelings, and business planning behind our practical horse program at the farm.
Our working model that was just launching last summer with promising results was unraveled when we had the fire. We had supervised horseback riding, trail rides, trail walks accompanied by the horses, a horse body language class taught in their field, an educational tour to meet the rare Arabian horses, and finally our Arabian horse breeding program.
This is the process of sorting through those old plans, taking what still works, discarding what doesn’t, and adding new ideas. All while building trust and partnership with the herd, finding jobs they enjoy and can do.