Horsemanship: the study of all skills related to horses. A true horseman learns much more than simply riding. A true horseman learns the care of horses, riding, training, equipment use, and horse psychology.
Conscious horsemanship is horsemanship that follows similar rules as healthy human relationships.
- Both partners have the right to say “yes” “no” or “maybe” to requests.
- Both partners have the right to safe boundaries and personal space.
- Both partners respect that there are differences in culture and language, and work together to bridge that gap.
- Horses in conscious partnerships become willing partners and volunteers.
- Conscious horsemanship often develops into liberty work, bridleless riding and more.
(Read more about Conscious Horsemanship here.)
To accommodate the needs of some of our horses, we offer both mounted horseback riding and unmounted tours and experiences, as well as wellness classes and lessons by special request.
Unmounted non-riding horse tours, experiences, online experiences and classes
All of our lessons and experiences conform to current PA Covid19 guidelines. See pa.gov for details. We ask that guest arrive no more than 15 minutes early, stay no longer than 15 minutes past the end of your activity, and stay in the tour area.